To help you in your job search, CBI has compiled a resume checklist with important points that should be included on your resume.
1. Residency Status
- Are you a US Citizen, green card holder, EAD, TN, H1, F1, etc
- This information should be at the top of your resume.
2. Tailor your resume to fit the job you want
3. Contact Information
- You should not have “one resume fits all jobs.”
- Your resume must be tailored for each position you are applying for. View the job requirements of the job you are applying for and make sure your resume lists how you meet/exceed each of these requirements.
- It should list your full name. Even if you think your name is long/complicated, you need to list your full first name, your middle initial and your full last name. Do not use nicknames.
- At the very least, you need to list the city and state where you live.
- Clearly mark your phone numbers (i.e. “cell,” “home,” and “work,” and which one is the best one to use to reach you during business hours.)
- Is the e-mail address suitable to receive employment related emails? If not, get Hotmail or Yahoo. (Many companies monitor email, so it is probably best to list your personal email address)
- List the institution, your actual degree (i.e. BS – Math), and the month and year you graduated. All of our client verify degrees.
5. Professional Training/ Certifications
- List any certifications (i.e. PMP, CISA, CISSP, MCSE, etc).